Upland hunters, farmers, sport dog owners, conservationists, and outdoor enthusiasts will gather February 17-19 at the Minneapolis Convention Center for the 2017 National Pheasant Fest & Quail Classic
. This year’s event, presented by Federal Premium Ammunition, is expected to draw more than 30,000 attendees.
Daily admission tickets are available for purchase at the door—$10 for adults, $5 for youth ages 6-16, and free for children ages 5 and younger. Additionally, veterans and union members will receive free admission to the show (please show verifying identification). Attendees may also purchase a three-day weekend pass at the door for $35, which includes an annual membership to Pheasants Forever or Quail Forever.
National Pheasant Fest & Quail Classic will kick off on Friday, February 17, at 11:15 a.m. with the one-of-a-kind Bird Dog Parade
featuring 40 different sporting dog breeds that leads to the event’s ribbon cutting ceremony. Doors officially open Friday at 12 p.m. and close at 8 p.m. Saturday hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., while Sunday hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
All event details and updates can be found at www.pheasantfest.org
National Pheasant Fest & Quail Classic Weekend Highlights:
- Military/Union - Free admission will be granted to people with Military IDs and Union Cards.
- Family Day - Sunday is Family Day, allowing people who purchase a Pheasants Forever membership to bring their entire family with them to the show for free.
- Sunday Giveaway - The first 1,000 attendees on Sunday will receive a blaze orange Minnesota Wild hat thanks to Federal Premium, Gander Mountain and Pheasants Forever.
- Bird Hunter’s Banquet - Pheasants Forever’s Bird Hunter’s Banquet will be Friday night. This is western theme night – wear your cowboy hat – and the event will feature top-rated Johnny Cash tribute singer, Gary West. Buy tickets online.
- National Pheasant Fest & Quail Classic Banquet – Pheasants Forever’s National Banquet on Saturday night is the largest Pheasants Forever fundraiser in the country. Buy tickets online.
- Largest Upland Gathering – More than 300 hunting and outdoor industry exhibitor booths – See Full Exhibitor List.
- Four Seminar Stages – Seminars on the hour, every hour, all weekend long, on bird dog training, wild game cooking, upland hunting and upland habitat management – See Full Seminar Schedule.
- Bird Dog Bonanza Stage presented by Purina Pro Plan & SportDOG – Learn from the best bird dog trainers in the industry about different training methods to develop your gun dog.
- Wild Game Cooking Stage presented by Gander Mountain – Minnesota natives Amy Thielen, Jamie Carlson, and John Hennessy will be joined by returning chef, Hank Shaw, to provide flavorful wild game demonstrations.
- National Pheasant Summit – Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton and South Dakota Governor Dennis Daugaard will be panelists at the featured event. They will be discussing the impending federal Farm Bill process and initiatives that aim to create wildlife habitat. The National Pheasant Summit starts at 10 a.m. on Saturday, February 18th and is free with admission to National Pheasant Fest & Quail Classic.
- Rudy’s Youth Village presented by Cabela’s – Trout pond, airsoft/archery range, laser shot & more.
- Landowner Habitat Help Desk – Free wildlife habitat management plans for landowners who consult with Pheasants Forever Farm Bill wildlife biologists.
- Pollinator Plaza / Pollinator Symposium – Learn about critical habitat needs for pollinators, new research on the importance of forage to the honey bee health, population status of monarchs, and the delivery of goals in the National Pollinator Partnership Action Plan.
By Matt Siegfried, Pheasants Forever marketing intern