In this episode host Bob St. Pierre is joined by Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever public relations manager Jared Wiklund to chat with Travis Frank, host of The Flush on Outdoor Channel. The trio discuss highlights from past seasons of The Flush, the anticipation of the 2020 season, and the adventures afield telling stories about the people who cherish the uplands.
Episode Highlights Include:
SUBSCRIBE: APPLE PODCASTS / SOUNDCLOUD / STITCHER
- Travis tells the guys about the adventure of flying through hurricane-strength winds to hunt ruffed grouse on islands in Lake Michigan and boating in below zero weather to hunt in North Dakota.
- Jared and Travis talk about the hunt of a lifetime in Iowa last year which will be featured this season on The Flush. The pair talk about the importance of the Iowa’s Habitat and Access Program (IHAP) and the tremendous pheasant rebound it has produced over the last couple of years.
- Travis speaks to the balance needed in each episode about getting a bird in the hand while also telling a compelling human-interest story. To that end, Travis talks about the season premier featuring his wife’s first bird hunting adventure . . . “The best date of my life was a day in the field with my wife.”
- A true highlight of the episode could also be a highlight of your own life in the uplands with a television show to prove it. To that end, the trio discuss the unique opportunity to bid on the hunt of a lifetime to be part of a future episode of The Flush that’s featured in the organization’s first ever online upland auction right now. You and a friend could hunt alongside four Pheasants Forever biologists and Travis in South Dakota this December that will be aired as part of the 2021 season of The Flush. Visit www.PheasantsForever.org for details and to make your bid. Auction ends July 28 at 7 p.m. CST.
- The podcast ends with thoughts on the future of hunting and importance to show patience afield as new hunters join us outdoors. This trio is also extremely optimistic about the 2020 season and excited to tell the stories that unfold within it.