Host Bob St.Pierre is joined by Pheasants Forever chapter volunteers Scott Rall, Scott Roemhildt, and Kenny Reed for a conversation about how their volunteer efforts brought them together as close friends and traveling hunting buddies.
Show highlights include:
• Scott Rall was a Field & Stream Hero of Conservation finalist, known as “The Protector of the Prairie.”
• Rall was also part of Pheasants Forever’s very first land acquisition, Pheasant Run One in Minnesota’s Noble’s County, now a public Wildlife Management Area.
• The group talks about their motivations for volunteering, interests in wildlife habitat, and passion for permanent land acquisitions to create new public lands for hunters.
• There’s also an interesting debate between the group, who all own land they manage as pheasant habitat for hunting, about what’s more of a trophy: a public lands rooster or a rooster they “created” on habitat they nurtured.
• Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever’s unique financial model empowering local chapters with 100% control of the funds they raise to accomplish the organization’s habitat mission.
SUBSCRIBE: APPLE PODCASTS / SOUNDCLOUD / STITCHER