Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever is launching Give to the Uplands Day: A National Day of Giving for Upland Conservation
on May 5th in response to the heavy burden placed on wildlife habitat conservation efforts by the current and unprecedented health crisis. In conjunction with the global movement GivingTuesdayNow, Give to the Uplands Day campaign seeks to create new Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever members, raise critical habitat funds lost to spring banquet cancellations, and provide a boost to mission-centric projects that may be lost forever without immediate action.
“Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever has not been immune to the effects of this pandemic, but we are staying focused on the things that matter most to members and mission,” stated Howard Vincent, president and CEO of Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever. “Simply put, we can’t lose ground. Both in the literal sense of those wild places that matter so much to upland enthusiasts, as well as the conservation progress we have fought so hard for, for so long, together. We hope our supporters will answer the call for Give to the Uplands Day.”
What is at Stake?
How Can Hunters and Conservationists Help?
- Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever’s fiscal impact of lost fundraising is estimated at nearly $5 million. Roughly 250 banquet fundraisers and mission-related events have been postponed or cancelled.
- The organization is projecting to lose 20,000 members due to the postponement of chapter events.
- Local communities will be unable to make a difference for thousands of acres upland wildlife habitat.
- Chapter funding match for public land acquisition will decrease dramatically resulting in less wild spaces.
- Make a special gift: If just 1% of upland hunters committed to donating $100 or more, Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever would recover the revenue from lost chapter event memberships and stay on pace with its planned mission delivery.
- Join or renew your Pheasants Forever or Quail Forever membership immediately to receive a special gift.
- Consider making a recurring monthly gift to Pheasants Forever or Quail Forever.
During a period that finds Americans searching for a “new normal,” it is important we do everything we can to protect the beloved uplands – public and private lands – which provide refuge and solace amidst uncertain times. Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever, the nation’s leading upland habitat conservation group, understands this point better than most after having conserved more than 19 million acres since 1982. And with the support of upland hunters and conservationists during Give to the Uplands Day, the organization aims to do even more in the future.
To donate during Give to the Uplands Day, visit www.pheasantsforever.org/donate
or call the donation hotline at 651-773-2000 to speak with a Pheasants Forever or Quail Forever representative.
About Pheasants Forever
, including its quail conservation division, Quail Forever
, is the nation's largest nonprofit organization dedicated to upland habitat conservation. Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever have more than 138,000 members and 760 local chapters across the United States and Canada. Since creation in 1982, Pheasants Forever has spent over $900 million on 550,000 habitat projects benefiting 19 million acres nationwide.