The unbreakable bond between an upland hunter and a bird dog is the motivation behind Pheasants Forever’s 2019 Bird Dogs for Habitat Campaign
, challenging wingshooters to cast a vote and make a tax-deductible donation on behalf of their favorite sporting dog breed. All contributions support the nonprofit organization’s wildlife habitat mission – and the places where bird dogs love to hunt.
Through online donations, Pheasants Forever will accept pledges in support of 49 different bird dog breeds; each $1 donated is equal to one vote. In other words, a $10 donation is equal to 10 votes for a particular breed of sporting dog. Thanks to the generous support of our 2019 campaign sponsors – Purina Pro Plan
, Irish Setter
and Ruff Land Performance Kennels
– every donation made throughout the month of April will be matched at 3:1.
New event partners for the 2019 Bird Dogs for Habitat Campaign include Project Upland
and the North American Versatile Hunting Dog Association
Project Upland joins as the official media partner for the Bird Dogs for Habitat campaign and will promote the fundraising and content effort to its growing upland audience. Project Upland is a unique online community that captures the passions and traditions of bird hunting for a new generation of upland hunters through social media, podcasts, short films and its quarterly Project Upland Magazine
NAVHDA, a Pheasants Forever partner in conservation, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering, improving, promoting and protecting the versatile hunting dog in North America. Half of the bird dog breeds highlighted in the campaign are versatile breeds
, and the month-long event is a continuation of an expanding relationship between the nonprofit to build the strongest link possible between bird dog owners and upland wildlife conservation.
“More habitat and public lands provide wild spaces for bird dogs and hunters to enjoy what they love,” added David Trahan, NAVHDA’s President, “NAVHDA encourages its members to take part, support their favorite bird dog breed, and help accomplish a shared vision for wildlife habitat conservation.”
About Bird Dogs for Habitat
To vote/donate, visit www.BirdDogsForHabitat.Org
. On the webpage, visitors will find a real-time tally of contributions by breed, as well as a link to each breed where visitors can make their own tax-deductible gift in honor of their favorite bird dog. Participants can also use the hashtag #BirdDogs4Habitat to post their own pup’s photos to the page’s tag board. Last year’s campaign generated 8,074 votes and more than $40,000 for the organization’s conservation mission; top breed honors went to the German Wirehaired Pointer, German Shorthaired Pointer and Labrador Retriever. Incentives for the 2019 campaign include:
- Donations of $10 or more will receive the Limited Edition “Bird Dogs for Habitat” Decal
About Pheasants Forever
- Special membership offers:
- $35 = 35 votes and an Associate Pheasants Forever Membership, Limited Edition “Bird Dogs for Habitat” Decal, and a Bird Dog Bumper.
- $75 = 75 votes and a Rooster Booster PF Membership, Limited Edition “Bird Dogs for Habitat” Decal, and a Bird Dog Bumper.
- $500 = 500 votes and a Pheasants Forever Dog Life Membership (including SportDOG Brand® SportHunter® 1225 e-collar), plus Limited Edition “Bird Dogs for Habitat” Decal.
- Weekly participant giveaways include a year’s supply of Purina Pro Plan, a pair of Irish Setter Boots, a Ruff Land Kennel, and yearly subscriptions to Project Upland Magazine.
- Grand prize drawing for all voting participants includes: Pheasant Forever Upland Gear Pack
- Vote now and support wildlife habitat conservation efforts nationwide!
Pheasants Forever, including its quail conservation division, Quail Forever, is the nation's largest nonprofit organization dedicated to upland habitat conservation. Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever have more than 140,000 members and 740 local chapters across the United States and Canada. Since creation in 1982, Pheasants Forever has spent $867 million on 540,000 habitat projects benefiting 18 million acres nationwide.