Dear PF/QF Supporter,
Are you aware that some Minnesota legislators are trying to dismantle the Clean Water, Land & Legacy Amendment that was overwhelmingly passed by the majority of state voters in 2008?
Pheasants Forever is asking our members to take action opposing the anti-sportsmen legislation that is currently moving forward in the Minnesota Legislature.
Help us protect Minnesota’s Legacy Amendment by contacting your state representative
and asking them to:
Support land acquisition for wildlife habitat and public hunting
Support funding for hunting and fishing
- As recommended by the Lessard-Sams Outdoor Heritage Council from the Outdoor Heritage Fund (OHF) of the Legacy Amendment.
- Oppose taking payment in lieu of taxes (PILT) for new public lands from the OHF that have traditionally come from the general fund.
- Oppose “no net gain” of public lands that would require DNR to sell public hunting lands before new lands can be acquired with OHF funds in “no net gain” counties.
Support funding for the Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program
- Support DNR fee increases to maintain quality of hunting, fishing, and habitat.
In addition to contacting your state representative, please reach out to the following key legislators in Minnesota to voice your support of public lands and the Legacy Amendment:
- Funding is necessary to implement a 60,000-acre habitat initiative.
Thank you for your efforts to protect Minnesota's Legacy Amendment and a brighter future for sportsmen, wildlife, clean water, quality habitat, and the state's renowned public lands!
Howard K. Vincent
Pheasants Forever, Inc. & Quail Forever