Wildlife habitat conservation and upland hunting share a common thread – love for our four-legged canine companions in the field. That’s the motivation behind Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever’s 2017 Bird Dogs for Habitat Campaign
, which challenges upland hunters to cast a vote and make a tax-deductible donation on behalf of their favorite sporting dog breed. All contributions support the organization’s wildlife habitat conservation mission – and the places where bird dogs love to hunt.
Through online payments, Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever will accept contributions placed in support of 49 different breeds of bird dogs. Each $1 donated is equal to one vote for that bird dog breed. In other words, a $100 donation is equal to 100 votes for a particular breed of sporting dog. Thanks to the generous support of our 2017 campaign sponsors – Purina Pro Plan
, SportDOG Brand
, Irish Setter
, MidWest Outdoors
, and Merck Animal Health
– every donation made throughout the month of April will be matched at 5:1.
“More than 80 percent of our supporters share special moments in the field each fall with their beloved bird dogs on acres Pheasants Forever or Quail Forever membership dues and donations have helped to create,” explained Bob St. Pierre, Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever’s vice president of marketing, an avid upland hunter and proud owner of two German shorthaired pointers. “The Bird Dogs for Habitat campaign is a fun way for our followers to support wildlife habitat conservation and public lands, while at the same time, casting a vote for their favorite sporting breed.”
About Bird Dogs for Habitat
To vote/donate, visit www.BirdDogsForHabitat.Org
. On the webpage, visitors will find a real-time tally of contributions by breed, as well as a link to each breed where visitors can make their own tax-deductible gift in honor of their favorite bird dog. Participants can also use the hashtag #BirdDogs4Habitat to post their own pup’s photos to the page’s tag board. Last year’s campaign generated nearly $50,000 for the organization’s conservation mission. Participant incentives for the 2017 campaign include:
About Pheasants Forever
- Dog Life Memberships ($500) will count as 500 votes towards the specific dog breed and include a SportDOG Brand® SportHunter® 1225 as a special gift.
- Weekly participant drawings include a YETI Tundra 45 cooler, a year’s supply of Purina Pro Plan, a pair of Irish Setter Boots, and a SportDOG Brand® SportHunter® 1225 E-collar.
- Grand prize drawing for all voting participants includes a SportDOG Brand® TEK 2.0 GPS Tracking + E-Collar!
- Confidence that your donations will turn into wildlife habitat on the landscape. In fact, Pheasants Forever recently earned a fifth consecutive “exceptional” rating from Charity Navigator putting the organization among the top 6 percent of the nation’s non-profits.
- Vote now and support wildlife habitat conservation efforts nationwide!
, including its quail conservation division, Quail Forever
, is the nation's largest nonprofit organization dedicated to upland habitat conservation. Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever have more than 149,000 members and 725 local chapters across the United States and Canada. Chapters are empowered to determine how 100 percent of their locally raised conservation funds are spent; the only national conservation organization that operates through this truly grassroots structure. Since creation in 1982, Pheasants Forever has spent $708 million on 517,000 habitat projects benefiting 15.8 million acres nationwide.