Welcome aboard the Rooster Road Trip
for the second leg of this year’s “Upland Nation” adventure. If you’re new to the Rooster Road Trip, here are the Top 5 things you need to know.
1. The Messenger Hunters.
Jared Wiklund, Josh Dahlstrom, and I are avid bird hunters who have the good fortune of being employed by Pheasants Forever. We are not professional hunters, expert dog trainers or paid members of any company’s pro staff. We are, however, expert communicators of Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever’s mission who have set out to tell the story of how membership in Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever leads to quality wildlife habitat and publicly accessible hunting lands. Our laptops and cameras ride shotgun . . . well next to our shotguns. Thank you for checking out our videos, photos, blogs and tweets along the way. If you haven’t already made a personal commitment to conservation, it’s our sincere hope the stories and images compel you to become a member
and get involved with your local chapter
3. Sponsors Riding Shotgun.
2. Public Lands Only. All hunting along the trip is done exclusively on lands open to public hunters. Sure we’ve been invited to private honey holes, but that’s not the point of the Rooster Road Trip. Our mission is to demonstrate that anyone with a desire to lace up their boots and follow a good bird dog can find roosters and quail on public land made possible through Pheasants Forever, Quail Forever, and our partners.
Thanks to Apple Autos, Browning, Danner, Garmin, Federal Premium Ammunition, Zeiss, and Yeti we have seven featured sponsors who have contributed generously to our conservation cause in the form of dollars, prize giveaways and gear to review. We also are pleased to have Nebraska Game & Parks Commission, South Dakota Tourism, and Hunt Southwest Minnesota as day sponsors along the way.
5. Effectively Efficient.
4. Win a Browning Citori. Every person that joins or renews as a member of Pheasants Forever through the exclusive Rooster Road Trip membership link will receive a chance on a brand new Browning Citori 725 field 12 gauge over/under shotgun. Additionally, all Rooster Road Trip memberships come with a year’s subscription to the Pheasants Forever Journal, Pheasants Forever vehicle decal and a Browning Pursuit Sheep Horn Knife.
One of the facts I’m most proud about as a Pheasants Forever employee is our ability to convert our members’ dollars into our wildlife habitat mission. In fact, since the organization’s formation in 1982, Pheasants Forever has been able to turn more than 90 cents of every dollar into more habitat. You’ll also be comforted to know that national charity watchdog, Charity Navigator, has rated Pheasants Forever as “exceptional”
with a 4-star rating five consecutive times. This puts Pheasants Forever in the top 6 percent of charities in the country to receive such designation.
Follow Rooster Road Trip 2016
– Daily contests, highlight videos and photo galleries / www.facebook.org/pheasantsforever
Rooster Road Trip 2016
– Blog posts and reports / www.pheasantsforever.org/Rooster-Road-Trip.aspx
– Real time updates / www.twitter.com/pheasants4ever
– Feature photos from the field / www.instagram.com/pheasants_forever
is Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever’s Vice President of Marketing. Follow Bob on Twitter @BobStPierre
and listen to Bob and Billy Hildebrand every Saturday morning on FAN Outdoors radio on KFAN FM100.3