In this episode, host Bob St. Pierre takes a back seat as co-host Marissa Jensen drives the conversation with Danielle Prewett. The podcast centers around the upcoming Women on the Wing virtual event
coming up on August 20th. You’ll want to listen to hear Danielle’s tips for easily preparing pheasant meat, but you’ll also want to listen to the stories of her first hunts, first birds, beloved bird dogs, and wine pairings for other wild upland game meats.
SUBSCRIBE: APPLE PODCASTS / SOUNDCLOUD / STITCHER
- The conversation starts where all good hunting conversations should begin, talking about how Danielle got her start hunting and the memories along the way from pheasant hunting on the family farm in South Dakota, doves in Texas, and really getting in to the swing of it while living in North Dakota.
- Like Marissa, Danielle shares that it was the wild and tasty meat that first drew her into the uplands with a shotgun in her hands. Danielle adds, “Once you get into wild game, grocery store meat is just so boring.”
- The trio then discusses how social media can tell the story of hunting and introduce the lifestyle to new people from locavores to women wanting to get into the field.
- Of course, no podcast episode could pass for Bob without a good bird dog conversation and the group doesn’t miss the chance to talk about the lessons learned in the field behind a dog.
- The conversation ends with tips and tricks for preparing pheasant meat and gives a strong preview to the virtual cooking event on August 20th (everyone is invited to attend this virtual event!).