This week, ten organizations have joined forces to unveil a vision for new grasslands conservation legislation modeled upon the successful North American Wetlands Conservation Act (NAWCA). Host Bob St.Pierre leads a discussion with the presidents & chief executive officers of three of those partner groups. Through this important conversation, Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever’s Howard Vincent, Backcountry Hunters & Anglers’ Land Tawney, and National Wildlife Federation’s Collin O’Mara demonstrate an obvious chemistry that has created a bond of friendship resulting in a powerful collaborative vision for grasslands conservation.
- NWF’s O’Mara details the history behind the concept and provides an “inside the beltway” sneak peek for how the idea will move into actual legislation.
- PF & QF’s Vincent explains how this voluntary private lands grasslands and sagebrush tool would complement the Farm Bill, CRP, and the conservation efforts of USDA by living at the Department of the Interior under the NAWCA model.
- BHA’s Tawney extolls the virtues of polite persistence in his call upon hunters and anglers to take action in support of this important grasslands conservation concept.
Learn more about the North American Grasslands Conservation Act at ActForGrasslands.org
SUBSCRIBE: APPLE PODCASTS / SOUNDCLOUD / STITCHER
- Pheasants Forever
- Quail Forever
- National Wildlife Federation
- Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
- The Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership
- North American Grouse Partnership
- World Wildlife Fund
- National Deer Association
- Izaak Walton League of America
- Land Trust Alliance