This incredible upland dish is crunchy, creamy, sweet with a little spice
Maybe the best recipe ever? Okay, that sounds a bit extreme, but stay with us. This dish has everything going for it. Crunchy, creamy, sweet with a little spice. Taking rangoon to the next level. You will make this every time you have pheasant now, or it will at least land near the top of the list of your favorite upland recipes.
Recipe: Pheasant Rangoon
- Boneless skinless pheasant
- Sweet Chipotle Lime Rub
- Mango Habanero Jam
- Wanton wrappers
- Cream cheese
- Egg wash
- Peanut oil (any oil you like to use)
- Cut pheasant into small pieces and season with the Sweet Chipotle Lime Rub. Then pan fry in oil of your choice over high heat. Since these are small pieces it should cook quickly. Remove from pan and let them cool slightly and then chop into very small pieces.
- Mix the chopped pheasant, cream cheese and Mango Habanero Jam together. Dip the wanton wrapper into the egg wash quickly, the lay out on flat surface and fill the inside with a small amount of the pheasant, cream cheese and jam mixture. Seal the sides into whatever shape you want, use a little more water or egg wash on the edges to make sure it closes.
- Heat oil to 350° and drop the wantons in the oil. Let them cook until golden brown and floating. Remove from oil, let them dry on a rack and then reapply seasoning with the Sweet Chipotle Lime Rub if desired and enjoy!