Don’t let a captively raised chicken steal the glory at your Super Bowl party when you can have this crowd pleaser ready to serve before Joe Buck has finished pregame introductions.
- 1 pheasant – breasts and thighs
- 1 cup seasoned flour (your favorite fish fry is appropriate substitute)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces Frank’s RedHot® (regular is great, also try RedHot® Buffalo Wings Sauce)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Slice pheasant into well-trimmed nugget sized pieces (about 1” by 1”)
- Coat in seasoned flour
- Add olive oil in a medium hot skillet, allow oil to heat up.
- In a separate pot, melt butter and mix in Franks RedHot®, stir continuously to prevent burning.
- Place flour coated pheasant in oil for 1 minute per side or until lightly brown.
- Dip browned nuggets into sauce, then place on prepared, lightly greased sheet pan.
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.
One pheasant serves two, so adjust ingredients accordingly.
Photo by Anthony Hauck / Pheasants Forever
Have a pheasant recipe to share? Email it to us.